- June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
- Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.
- As the month progresses, feeders can become busy with visiting parents and fledglings.
- House Wrens are nesting in the northern part of region.
- Keep your feeders and bird baths clean and your seed fresh.
- Wood Duck and Mallard ducklings hatch and venture forth early in the month.
- Canada Geese begin molting.
- Fawns continue to be born through mid-month.
- Bats give birth.
- Young woodchucks and raccoons emerge and venture out with their mothers.
- Bullfrogs begin calling.
- Crickets begin nightly serenade.